Managing People in Organisations
Mon, 18 Nov 2019 09:00 AM - Fri, 22 Nov 2019 05:00 PM
About The Event:
The Managing People in Organisations training helps managers and leaders understand the interplay between management action, human resource management and labor relations in business strategy. This course anchors its teaching on the crucial role people play as the main source of competitive advantage. In doing so, they reflect Kaiser Consulting International’s humanistic view of management, providing programme participants with insights to help them in their professional roles and decision-making.
The training workflow begins by introducing the key concepts in managing organisations; to investigate how organisations adapt to their environments; to facilitate a critical understanding of the core issues in contemporary organisations; to provide a framework for understanding the systems and management role in organisations, and a guide for exploring management issues in a global context; and to develop the ability to diagnose and solve organisational problems.
The 5-day executive programme requires all delegates to complete an in-depth personal styles assessment alongside a 360-degree leadership skills assessment as pre-assignments to gain a real insight into their leadership strengths. The training then combines a mix of interactive lectures, exercises and discussions, to help them build a complete picture of their individual potential and understand how they can become the best leaders they can be.
It is people who provide leadership, stewardship, and followership in every organization. People formulate strategies to help organizations achieve their specific objectives. People constantly learn new and innovative ideas to help transform their organizations from mediocrity to greatness. It is people who make things happen in all organisations, even those operated by robots which, after all, were designed by people. To understand the causes of organizational behaviors without an understanding of people is like trying to understand the cause of a moving vehicle without knowing about the engine and driver.
What You Will Learn
This Course aims to enable participants to achieve the following objectives :
- Learn how your style impacts the people around you – your staff, your peers and your boss
- Improve your knowledge skills to change your style to influence others
- Explore motivation and values and how they influence individuals
- Identify the roles which are fulfilled while working as a manager
- Identify managerial activities that contribute to managerial effectiveness
- Identify a cause of stress in managerial life from a range covering mismatches between capabilites and role, player-manager tension and everyday stressors
- Understand time pressures and the need for time management.
Delegates will be required to read a case study on managing people and compare and contrast this to the current situation in their own organisation.
Suitability – Who should attend?
The Managing People in Organisations course is suitable for:
- Executives and senior managers seeking to reflect on, and further develop, their own leadership style
- Leaders, managers, supervisors and executives who are required to handle various issues and challenges.
- Professionals who desire to enhance their abilities for better workplace performance
- Those aspiring to take on leading roles in their organisation
- Professionals that wish to nurture and enhance their creative abilities.
- C Suite Executives and Senior Managers
- High-performing team members and talented staff who demonstrate leadership skills but may not be in leadership roles
- Emerging leaders with identified high potential in roles requiring more than traditional management competencies to achieve organisational objectives
This training seminar uses self-assessment questionnaires, Simulation-based learning, models, case studies; class exercises presentations and group discussion. The use of participants’ own real work situations is usually encouraged.